Monday, June 15, 2009

(Miss) Adventures of Lost Girl; Random 001, 002

Occasionally, I will deviate from the story line I am currently working on, and introduce a "Random Moment". Ok, it might happen a lot more.

Meanwhile, here are two such Random Moments. There should be at least one more... I'm working on another one, but I'm having difficulty with parts of it.

Again, forgive my mediocre drawing skills (notice i upgraded myself from crappy to mediocre??) LOL.


Ok... Random Moment # 001:

Please note, these are sketches, and may change... the X's in the background of some areas indicate where I intend on solid black to be put (aka spot black).



Can't say much about this one... if you look too close at the humor, it bursts like a soap bubble in a room full of crystal points. I also love to throw my "favorite" coffee shop - The Fix - in there... BTW - as far as I know, "The Fix" as a coffee place/kiosk is available - please feel free to use it (it rocks!), just let me know (and send a pic!!!) so I can grin.

look close at the newspaper.... i'll add actual "articles" - such as Local Cartoonist and Beaver Battle; Ends In Draw. - well, whatever will fit. ;)


Random Moment # 002:


What can I say about this one? LOL. The middle panel will have the black background with white lettering - all the "negative" things in life. The "bursts" will remain white and have black lettering - all the "positives" in life.... sort of Lost Girl's memoirs.

I also like the open panel thing, and it can really mark a contrast with the more formal straight edges, and I seem to be growing fond of poking items out of frame edges & borders.

Anyways, gonna spend this afternoon "inking" on the computer, but will likely ink these by hand for the actual assignment.

(edit: first one!)

No comments:

Post a Comment